Return to Infidelity Articles
Danger and damage occur when someone is harmed in a relationship.
Relationships That Are Dangerous
By Sandra L. Brown Author of 'How to Spot a Dangerous Man'
Relationship dangerousness in women's eyes is often too narrow of a definition. Often women equate dangerousness only with physical violence. If he hasn't hit her, then the relationship can't be 'dangerous' to her.
Women's relational harm that happens in dangerous relationships can include:
* Emotional danger and damage
* Physical danger and damage
* Sexual danger and damage
* Financial danger and damage
* Spiritual danger and damage
* All of these kinds of danger and damage to her children and family members as well
Danger and damage occur when someone is harmed in a relationship, on any level. Emotional, financial or spiritual damage is not less 'dangerous' to a woman's mental health than any of the other kinds of damage. And yet women often overlook the results of relationships that are dangerous and what she is living with now that it is over.
Women would come to counseling and not even realize how damaged they were from the relationships that were dangerous that they were in. If she was paying a counselor because of the damaging effects of the relationship then it was in fact, dangerous to her! She was damaged enough by that relationship to seek counseling. I'd call that a dangerous relationship!
As women rack up more and more relationships that are dangerous she learns to normalize his abnormal and damaging behaviors. The results are that women often find it difficult to be attracted to nice normal men and find themselves in a vicious cycle of dating 'bad boys' with bad results!
To find out more information on dangerous relationships and dangerous men, go to www.HowtoSpotADangerousMan.com
We are a women's relational harm reduction project.
Sandra Brown, WomanSavers.com Feature Writer.
* All break up and relationship articles are the property of their owners. ' All WomanSavers relationship articles are copyright of the individual authors, unless specified. http://www.WomanSavers.com is not responsible or liable for the accuracy and/or content of the women's relationship and break up articles displayed on this site. Submitted relationship articles for women to be included, but not limited, to the categories of: relationship articles, break up articles, abuse articles, cheating statistics, dating advice articles, divorce articles, gender difference studies, healthy relationship articles, internet cheating articles, marriage articles, medical articles, men's advice for women, men's relationship articles, miscellaneous articles, relationship news articles, rape statistics articles, sex articles, sex laws, sexual infidelity articles, single women articles, surviving infidelity articles, websites that help cheaters, women over 40.